Sunday, January 13, 2013

Praying For My Well Knowns

Praying is an everyday occurrence for me. I usually pray the moment my eyes are open....it can be something as minuscule as "Lord, get me to the coffee!" I pray throughout the day. I will look at a picture of one of my grown children and ask God's protection over them. I think of my grandchildren, each at different times and I pray blessings over them. I find it so easy to pray for the people that I love. I find it a no brainer to lift those up in prayer that I know so well.

What about those that I do not know? I see people I have never laid eyes on each and every time I enter the doors of Walmart. What are their stories? I have NO idea. Should I pray for them? I have found myself doing that more often these days.

In 2013, I decided that I was going to make GOALS for myself.....no resolutions. On my list, I have 7 goals so far (if I think of a few more, it's okay to add, after all, it is MY list!) and #4 is praying for my "Well Knowns."  I am sure everyone is asking "What is a well known?"  Ahhh, I am so glad you asked.

A "well known" is a person that the world may know. I do not know them personally, but they mean something to me! Oh, a celebrity?  Ok. You are allowed to use that word if you will....but, I do not wish to call them that because to ME....they mean more than that. I have never been in awe of celebrities. I have never secretly wished to live their lives. I have never thought I'd stand in line for hours and hours just to get close to a celebrity.

This year, I have taken 5 o my well knowns and made a goal to pray over every area of their lives. The people I chose are close to my heart through their music and the books that they write. We all have our favorite musicians and authors, actors and actresses. To some, it may seem a little odd to pray for people that are obviously doing very well.....they may not seem to need your prayers! WRONG! Without making you wait any longer....here are my 5 Well Knowns and how I pray for them!

1. Mandisa.....Mandisa is an amazing talent...she sings so beautifully and her songs are so inspiring. She is REAL. I love to listen to her in the car with my 9 year old as we drive. To hear your little girl singing the song "True Beauty" at the top of her lungs and then be able to explain it to me after....priceless. I admire her honesty with us all about her weight issues and how she has worked so hard and succeeded in her weight loss attempts all while being in the spotlight. I pray for God to send her the right man! I pray for her vocal cords! I pray for her friendships! She's my girl!

2. Mercy Me.....They have been bringing it for years. They can rock a song with so much feeling! I pray for each by name.....learned all of their names, if they are married. I pray for them as they travel. I pray for their kids. I pray for their wives when they have to keep the home fires burning....I pray that they will top "The Hurt and The Healer" because it is the BEST song they have ever done!

3. Wanda Brunstetter,,,,My favorite author! She writes the most amazing Amish fiction. She is a Christian writer and she NEVER disappoints. I cannot even begin to tell you which of her books are my favorite because as I read each one, it is better than the last. She has the gift of words and she very quietly uses them to glorify God. She is doing what I have a deep desire to do.....write! She is also a Pastor's wife. Her books are my pleasures in life. When I get a quiet moment, I steal away and read one of her books. I pray for her continued creativity. I pray that God continuously overflows her mind with great story ideas!

4. Casting Crowns.....they are up there with Mercy Me in my book! Their songs are always so thought provoking. Through music, I am forced to look at ME!  "If We Are The Body" was the first song that hit me right between the eyes...not to mention the heart. "Can Anybody Hear Her?" another favorite of mine! Recently, I have fallen in love with "Praise You In This Storm."  I pray for the exact same things for them as I do Mercy Me. Keep making the music and touching hearts is always in the prayer!

5. Karen Kingsbury.....she is another favorite author. I love her stories. I fall in love with her characters. The Baxter Family became MY family. She has THE GIFT of words. I pray over her health. I pray for her husband and children. She is another I pray for creativity. I pray she ALWAYS writes.

So, these are my well knowns! They do not know me. I may never meet them in person and that is okay! My prayers for each of them are flooding heaven's gates daily. They are special to me. They have touched me deeply in one way or another.....the very least I can do for them is PRAY!

For my well knowns....thanks for years of entertaining me. Thanks for reaching my heart in ways you may never be able to comprehend until we meet in heaven!

Who are your "well knowns?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment