Saturday, March 13, 2010

Our Men

Saturday mornings are a favorite of mine. After a busy week of school and church activities (my husband is a pastor) it is always nice to wake to the smell of coffee brewing and bacon cooking, compliments of my hubby and 6 year old daughter, who always manage to wake up first and get the ball rolling. The two of them in the kitchen carrying on a conversation as they cook waffles or pancakes, is a much nicer way to be awakened than a buzzing alarm clock. This particular morning, the conversation was so sweet, I posted it on my FaceBook page.

Nevaeh: Papa, I love you.

Papa: I love you more.

Nevaeh: Well, I love you more than Christmas AND my birthday!

Papa: Well, I love you more than a zillion dollars.

Nevaeh: Boy, we sure love each other.

Moments like those are just priceless and I cherish them so much. As I listened to them from my bed this morning, I silently thanked God for this precious man that I am so blessed to share my life with. He gets up every Saturday morning and creates a memory that will last all of us a lifetime.

The day was rainy out today, so I just spent a lazy day watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" as my husband worked in the office putting the finishing touches on his sermon for tomorrow and our daughter played quietly upstairs. I laughed out loud several times as I watched the antics that Raymond got himself into and the restraint of his ever patient wife Debra. One particular episode left me shaking my head...Raymond took over the checkbook, a task which up to that point, Debra had taken care of with no help from Ray. Within a short time span, he managed to bounce several checks and was overdrawn by $3000. It made me think of my husband. Now, before everyone thinks that I am about to jump on the "Bash My Man" train....forget it!

I am incredibly blessed to be married to a man that takes care of all of the money matters in our home. I love this as I have never liked dealing with that side of things. Can I do it? Yes, I have done it before. It is not something that I enjoy. Later, as I rested, my husband went upstairs and played with our child. He is not one to just sit and be in his own little world as the child plays around him. He actually plays what she wants to play and today....Nevaeh wanted to put her makeup on her Papa. He patiently sat and allowed this until she had her fill. After they played, he immediately set out to do some chores that he wanted to complete. I actually had to remind him to wipe off his makeup before setting out for the hardware store.

On "Everybody Loves Raymond" the audience laughs hysterically when Debra calls her husband an "idiot" or rolls her eyes at him. It can be funny! It just made me realize that I am incredibly blessed to have a man that is very sensitive to my feelings and our child's. He works hard for his family and is a living example daily of the type of man that God wants him to be.

For all the women out there that have a good man....do not hesitate to tell them how much you love and appreciate all they do. They are very similar to us in one way...they want to be acknowledged and appreciated.

To my hubby....Ken, I love you and appreciate all you do. I thank God that He saw fit to bless me so abundantly when He sent you into my life!

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me that you did consider, even for just a moment, letting him walk out the door in makeup .... please ... lol

    ReplyDelete