Friday, September 10, 2010

The Dancing Song

Recently, my daughter and I had what we call a "Mommy Day." What does a Mommy Day consist of, you ask? It is simply a special day that I put aside once or twice a month to spend with my 7 year old daughter, Nevaeh....just the two of us. She makes a list of five places she would like to go. It is totally up to her. On this particular day...these were her 5 choices:

1-Movies (Despicable Me...loved it)
2-Once Upon A Child (she has no desire to buy anything, just loves the play area)
3-Toys R Us (again, never asked for anything, just a 1 1/2 hr tour of the store)
4-Mawmaw (my mom)
5-Auntie Joyce (loves her cousin Gebriel)

As I have mentioned before, we live in a tiny little town that is 26 miles away from where we do all of these things. We have one long highway that can get boring for Nevaeh, so she will usually watch a movie on her car dvd player. I turned on my music...Mandisa always blesses me as I drive. The first few songs, I was alone in my praise and worship time and then suddenly....the song "Shackles" came on and my little girl did something I've NEVER known her to do. She turned OFF her movie and listened as the song played. Not only did she listen....she started dancing and throwing her hands in the air.

"Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance...I just want to praise Him...I want to praise Him..." I watched in my rear view mirror as she lifted her little hands in the air and shouted "I want to praise HIM!" and I just knew she totally understood! In her little way she was praising God. She didn't care if a car passed and saw her...she just did it!

Each time the song ended, she said "Play the dancing song again!" We listened to it 6 times! Just as it ended that last time...my 7 yr old asked me who was the singer and I told her and then she lifted up this heartfelt prayer.....

"God, thank you for Mandalisa and this dancing song"

I corrected her "Honey, it is Mandisa"

"Whatever, God knows her name....and He knows I love the dancing song."

So, not only does Mandisa have a new fan...I can replay my favorite song as many times as I want when Nevaeh is in the car with me!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! Such innocence and a beautiful heart to praise!

    ReplyDelete