Thursday, September 9, 2010

What A Mess

I know that most people have a junk drawer or two in their homes. It is usually in the kitchen. I happen to have one in each room of my house, if I am going to be perfectly honest. I am not sure how and when we have accumulated all of this added "junk" (one man's junk, this woman's treasure), but we have it!

In my house...we actually have a room that is considered the junk room or the over flow room as I like to call it! It doubles as a sort of in home office. For some reason only known to God...whenever we are in a huge hurry, which is a lot of the time, we toss a stray item in the overflow room.

Well, the jig is up! The time has come to clean and organize that room in my never ending quest to have a neat and tidy home. I walked into the office yesterday and just stood in the door surveying the mess. Books. Papers. Boxes of Valentines bought on clearance. Purses. Movies. Workbooks. A couple of desks stacked with all sorts of paraphernalia. And then it happens.....I am hit with this heavy overwhelming spirit that I do not like. Standing there a little longer just looking.

I had already organized and cleaned the laundry room and it had taken forever. (Or so it seemed) I went so far as to take pictures of the mess in the office. As I viewed each pic....it struck me that before I accepted Christ.....I was a mess. It didn't happen overnight and even after the relationship with Jesus began, it has been a work in progress for me. He cleaned out all the junk that very day...but, my keeping everything clean and in working condition and not allowing all the overflow of the world to fill me up, has been an ongoing process.

So, today I will attack that overflow room and make it a functioning room cleared of junk....the same thing Jesus continues to do for this girl's heart each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment