Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Going to the Source

I can remember so many teachings that my parents handed down to myself and my siblings over the years.....but, one keeps playing itself on the screen of my mind over and over today!

"Julia Kaye, there will ALWAYS be people out there that would love nothing better than to mess with your mind, cause much unneeded turmoil.....but you have to take them with a grain of salt. In one ear and out the other!"

If I have heard it once, I heard it thousands of times It makes total sense....until that annoying little fly begins buzzing around your head and just will not go away. If a person has any sense, they go in search of one heck of a big fly swatter.

The last couple of days have been such days for me. I have been looking for soothing. I have been trying to find that ONE that will stand up for me and tell a person off, preventing future confrontations. Yet again, (hanging my head right now) I admit freely.....I have looked in all the wrong places! While I do indeed feel wounded and a bit battered....I am NOT out for the count.

I picked up my "band aid" (Scripture) today and applied it....and it must have some antibiotic (sooting balm) with it also, because the "hopelessness" is lifting. God's Word never returns VOID. I read it. I study it. I apply it.

As I listened to Mercy Me's new song "The Hurt and the Healer Collide" I could feel the Healer working.....

Why?
The question that is never far away
The healing doesn't come from being explained
Jesus please don't let this go in vain
You're all I have
All that remains

So here I am
What's left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I'm alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I fall into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

Breathe
Sometimes I feel it's all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through

So here I am
What's left of me
Where glory meets my suffering

I'm alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I fall into your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide

It's the moment when humanity
Is overcome by majesty
When grace is ushered in for good
And all our scars are understood
When mercy takes it's rightful place
And all these questions fade away
When out of the weakness we must bow
And hear You say "It's over now"

I'm alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take this heart and breathe it back to life
I fall into your arms open wide
 
We all have our days, our weeks, our moments. Some days it is something as simple as a snide remark from a person that delights in hurting another human being. Whatever it is, whomever it is......it is always gotten "through" by the grace of God.
 
Scripture that comforted me today"
"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust. O my God, Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse." Psalm 25:1-3
 
I do not pretend to be a Bible scholar....but what this says to me is simply this....."I got you Julia. You are my baby girl!"  Going to thank God for that and sit back and let Daddy handle it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment