Saturday, January 12, 2013

Healing The Boo Boos

It seems that I have been spending a lot of time in the offices of doctors and hospitals lately!

 Recently, a dear family friend had her six year old son taken by ambulance to a Children's Hospital in Nashville with a pretty serious illness. Little Jacob has faced a number of health challenges since he was born. His mommy, Becky, who just happenes to be my best friend ever's daughter, has taken it all in stride with a strength that I admire greatly.

I got up on Wednesday morning, and like most other mornings, I read my Bible and prayed and then got on Facebook. Becky had posted that they had gone on an ambulance trip to Nashville and she was "one scared mommy."  My husband and I immediately started figuring out how to work our day so that I could leave to go there and be with Becky and Jacob. Needless to say, it all came together and I was there and able to spend the day, sit through the surgery with Becky and see a very happy little boy after the surgery.

Yesterday, it was my turn to go and have a simple surgical procedure done. I woke up with nerves, and NOT of steel. I drank my coffee, read my Bible and found so much peace and comfort there. I had the luxury of having my husband there with me.....just a few days earlier, my sweet friend Becky wasn't able to have her husband with her, he HAD to work as so many do, to provide for their family. I silently thanked God that Ken could be with me.

Once I was back in the surgical area and alone, well, without Ken.....I felt such a beautiful reassuring presence of Christ with me. The doctor told me he wanted me to close my eye while he was giving me shots around my eye,,NO PROBLEM! I could feel my body shaking....and as I closed my eyes, I imagined my Father God, like any Father that dearly loves His little girl, standing at the head of me, softly stroking my hair and saying "It's okay honey, I am here." As the doctor worked away, my heart kept whispering "Don't leave me Father....stay right here."  Again....assurance, "I'm right here sweetie."

After my little procedure, I thought of Jacob and I remember him saying several times tearfully, "I miss my daddy." I can totally relate. When I am feeling distant from God, I miss my Daddy too.  But yesterday, as I lay on that little stretcher and had a doctor shaving away layer after layer of my skin, I was so comforted to have my Daddy so close at hand....soothing my fears, calming the inner storm. I called on Him, and as always, He was there!

Just as God is healing my little Jacob's "boo boos," He never stops working to heal mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment