Tuesday, May 26, 2009

God Never Forgets

Lately, I have been struggling with impatience and an attitude of "I want what I want and I want it right now!" I have gotten discouraged at times and found myself praying to God, "Look, I've been trying really hard to do all that YOU want me to do and have tried to be what YOU expect of me." The mere fact that I was REMINDING God, (of all people) that I was being a good girl and would HE please stop what He was doing and take notice at once....speaks volumes of my total lack of understanding. I read His Word every day and I pray for knowledge and wisdom. There are mornings that I will finish my devotions and set my Bible down and have that wonderful feeling inside and am totally prepared to start my day.

Then, there are, undoubtedly, the other days. We all face them. We read our Bibles and think, "Gosh, none of that even applied to me!"

This has been a tough few months for myself and my family. We have been struggling with things that for the majority of the time, we know and feel 100% that our God is in control. Then, there are times that I allow Satan to edge his creepy way in and place doubts and fears and it just tends to throw me off balance.

Tonight, as I was reading through my Bible, once again, looking for something to jump out and speak to me....I got to Hebrews. It all became clear once again. At the beginning of all the present problems, my husband and I promised each other, but most importantly, Our Father, that no matter what, we continue to serve and pray and thank God daily for His goodness. We have leaned on all of the promises that HE gives us in His never changing Word. Yet again, I was reminded that even in my times of weakness and doubt...."For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are...yet was without sin." (Hebrews 4:15) WOW! When I wanted to give up or let someone else "drink from my cup" I wasn't alone.....He understood.

All of the days that I have had that MOMENTARY pause and felt, "What's it all for?" and then to read, "God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them." (Hebrews 6:10) Even when I forget what He has promised to do, HE hasn't! He keeps all of HIS promises. Just as assuredly as He remembers the good and how I have tried to continue to march through the bad times, I am sure that HE is going to remember the times that I got angry or lost a little trust or "threw-a-not-so-cute-for-a-44 year old-woman- tantrum"...and the next time I start to feel this, will gently remind me how it did not work for me the last time.

God keeps His promises. He NEVER forgets what HE promises......"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." (Hebrews 6:19)

Praying that we all realize that Our Father's memory is not as remiss as ours!

1 comment:

  1. God bless you. I appreciate that you are so honest about your daily struggles. That honesty is what encourages myself and I'm sure others as well, and it reminds me of my humanness, and that I am not the only one. For some it is easy to give up when you feel you don't measure up, I know we are not suppossed to compare ourselves with others, but for the new Christian and the "perfectionist" it really takes a load off. :) Thank you, keep up the good "GOD" work.

    ReplyDelete