Monday, May 25, 2009

Resting In His Arms

On Tuesday, we were extremely saddened by the death of a much loved member of our church. Marilyn Langley was indeed an angel among us....she was a huge walking heart! I think that one of the hardest things that Ken and I have ever had to do was sit Nevaeh down and tell her that Miss Marilyn had gone to heaven to live with Jesus. Every Sunday, the minute that Sunday School let out, Nevaeh made a straight path to Ms. Marilyn and Ms. "Coral" Sue. She always had a huge hug for Nevaeh and never let a Sunday go by without a special package filled with goodies. Two beautiful dolls given to our little Nevaeh will be a source of comfort to our little girl for a long time to come! Marilyn never failed to offer support and encouragement to Ken and I during this awful time in our lives. She visited, she called, she sent the most beautiful cards to me that I will treasure forever. She never passed up a chance to express how she felt about Ken, as her pastor and let him know that she had his back! One only has to look at almost every room in our house to see some treasure that Marilyn graced us with. What a beautiful and loving soul. How I will miss you, my sweet friend....knowing that you are now resting in HIS arms, brings all of us so much comfort. I know that Ken, Nevaeh and I now have our own personal angel watching from above!

No comments:

Post a Comment